Key Decisions At COP 16
The 16th annual UN Climate Conference
(COP 16) concluded recently
with key outcomes and positive agreements made by many countries
which will results to reduce global warming.
The summit concluded at Cancun, Mexico recently.
- Establishment of a new ‘Global Green Fund’
- Establishment of an Adaptation Framework
- Establishment of a technology mechanism
- Formal linkage for the first time of country mitigation pledges (both developed and developing) to a ‘COP’ decision.
- Elaboration of Mitigation, Reporting and Verification (MRV) and International Consultation and Analysis (ICA) procedures for both developed and developing countries
- Agreement on a concrete REDD+ (deforestation) process
BIRDING AND WILDLIFE NEWS
September 21, 2023