Pollution On Rivers Challenging Human


Pollution is a word that we are all aware of these days. What does it mean exactly? If you look up “pollution” in the dictionary you will find something like “to destroy purity of; to contaminate, especially with man-made waste”. Yes the environment, ex :our surroundings, the place we live, is being made unclean by our own activities.

The pollutants we produce not only affect our own lives but also those of other living things, the plants and animals that we share our environment with. All living things depend upon the non-living parts of the environment to survive – the land, the air and the water, and it is these 3 parts which are affected by pollution.  At this point we are going to focus more into river pollutions,Over 97% of all the water on Earth is salty and most of the remaining 3% is frozen in the polar ice-caps. The atmosphere, rivers, lakes and underground stores hold less than 1% of all the fresh water and this tiny amount has to provide the fresh water needed to support the Earth’s population. But at some point we don’t value what we are blessed upon our god, fresh water is a precious gift that we are getting for our daily survival purposes. Day by day risk of getting fresh water is being a challenge to us. For instance drinking 1 liter water bottle is being sold at a 5 star hotel for 500Rs, at normal shops 50Rs. Why do we have spent lots money on drinking water? What is going to be an executive summary of our upcoming generations? Who is responsible for this?

The answer for all above questions is “Us”, we are responsible for all of this. Every human being has the responsibility of saving river & water which is priceless gift from the Mother Nature. The reason behind all these challenges caused by our daily activities, every action has consequences. As factories use water from rivers to power machinery or to cool down machinery. Dirty water containing chemicals is put back in the river. Water used for cooling is warmer than the river itself. Raising the temperature of the water lowers the level of dissolved oxygen and upsets the balance of life in the water, and the chemical waste products from manufacturing processes are sometimes accidentally liquidated into rivers. Examples of such toxins include cyanide, zinc, lead, copper, cadmium and mercury. These elements may enter the water in such high absorptions that fish and other animals are killed instantly. Everyone must has the self-awareness valuing the resources and save them for good to avoid future consequences that which even cannot be imagined. Every drop matters.